United Scrap Metal prides itself on our commitment to sustainability and environmental excellence. As an
award-winning leader in environmentally friendly recycling solutions, we can ease our customers concerns.
United Scrap Metal is focused on:
- Extending the life of landfills, each year diverting thousands of truckloads and corresponding tons of materials from landfills, while redirecting the materials for productive global utilization.
- Preserving the earth’s precious natural resources by complying with all local, state and federal environmental regulations.
- Guiding customers on changing recycling behaviors within their companies.
- Maintaining membership in the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) in order to keep up with and exceed industry standards.
- Working towards achieving “zero waste” within our facility.
United Scrap Metal recycles approximately 300 million pounds of material per year!
Our Vision for Long-term Sustainability Initiatives is to:
- Reduce materials such as paper grades, metal, plastic, rubber, and wood from entering the waste stream, through innovation and additional integrated recycling practices.
- Continue to promote a healthy and safe work environment for all employees in our organization through progressive training and awareness.
- Pursue increased efficiencies and lower environmental impact of operations through continued education and advancement in technology.
- Decrease the company’s carbon footprint by minimizing office energy, purchasing green power and utilizing bio fuels.
- Obtain environmental and safety certifications as our promise to ensure high levels of commitment to health, safety and our environment.